When I posted this, I had already started working on the remix.
Took me about 5 evenings to complete it.
I give the world “No Sun Under The Sky” — an obvious reference to Lunarin’s original title: “No Sun Under The Sky” by Ivan Chew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Singapore License.
- Vocals, bass, piano, clean guitar samples: The Sky (Algiers) by Lunarin (www.lunarin.com). CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 Unported
- Main piano backing track: Nobody Left to Save by Admiral Bob. CC-BY-NC 3.0
The remixed track has been uploaded at my ccMixter page. Some ccMixter reviews/ comments that made my day:
- “(Linda is) a lovely soaring singer and the song has a pretty lyric“ – Admiral Bob
- “Slowly seething beauty with the piano keeping time…“ – Fireproof_Babies
- [This one is my favourite!] “i think a lot of people miss the musical fusion magic happening in Singapore (and Budapest, too). for me the best new music comes from those two areas.“ – panu moon
It’s obvious to me that all this CC remixing stuff gives as much exposure to the band and the remixers. This is just a bonus though. The real fun is in the musical process.
I cannot quite play like Lunarin, nor get their sound. Remixing them gives me that little taste of being with my fav band, or dare I say “In” it. If just for a little while 🙂
In my remix, I’ve used Linda’s vocals and sampled a bit of the track’s piano, bass and clean guitar. A very long “How It Was Done” post, over at MyRightBrain.
And of course boys and girls, let’s not forget that the very cool Lunarin (Linda, Kah Wye, Eng Teck) made this remix possible.
Thanks for “Sharing Today. Shaping Tomorrow”.
p.s. For the more astute readers, yeah there is a #2 coming up!